Alexander Monteith (“Alex”) was born in Berlin, Germany and grew up overseas and throughout the United States as an “Army Brat”. Ever since moving to Merritt Island while his father was the Army Commander at Cape Canaveral, Alex has called Florida home, as it is the longest place he has ever lived.
Alex completed his undergraduate studies at the University of South Florida with a major in History and minor in Leadership Studies. While attending USF, he was heavily involved serving as President of the Delta Chi Fraternity and a Senator in Student Government.
Upon graduating from USF, Alex obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas, where he served as an editor for the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy. He authored Cell Site Location Information: A Catalyst For Change In Fourth Amendment Jurisprudence, which has been cited in other scholarly legal publications such as the Southern University Law Review, Catholic University Journal of Law & Technology, University of Richmond Journal of Law & Technology, and the American Bar Association’ s Criminal Justice Magazine.
Alex has gained extensive courtroom experience prosecuting a wide variety of misdemeanor and felony crimes. In total, he has tried over 50 cases to verdict in both Kansas and Florida, including 11 jury trials as first chair. He now dedicates his skills, knowledge, and courtroom experience to his clients in the areas of premises liability and insurance defense. When not advocating on behalf of his clients, Alex enjoys fishing, golfing, watching USF and Chicago Bears football, and spending time with his fiancée, Natalie.
- Office of the State Attorney, 6th Judicial Circuit, Clearwater, Florida, Assistant State Attorney, August 2018-September 2020
- Office of the District Attorney, Johnson County, Olathe, Kansas, Certified Legal Intern, May 2017-May 2018
- Office of the State Attorney, 13th Judicial Circuit, Tampa, Florida, Intern, May 2016-August 2016
- The Buchman Law Firm, Tampa, Florida, Law Clerk and Paralegal, February 2013-May 2018
- Juris Doctor with certificate in Advocacy, University of Kansas School of Law, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of South Florida, 2014
- All Florida state courts