Andrew Benton Jr. was born in Tampa, Florida, and spent his entire childhood in the Brandon, Florida area. He attended the University of South Florida, where he received his undergraduate degree in Applied Science. After graduating from USF, Mr. Benton moved to Orlando, Florida, to attend the Florida A&M University College of Law. During his time at FAMU Law, Mr. Benton was an Associate Justice on FAMU’s first Student Government Law School Circuit Court. He also competed in the National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition and was a member of the Criminal Law Society. Additionally, while attending law school, Mr. Benton interned with several law firms, including the FAMU Law Legal Clinic, and the Law Offices of Julianne Holt, Public Defender for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. Mr. Benton enjoys spending his free time reading, going to Disney, and watching Star Wars with his fiancée.
- Legal Intern, Florida A&M University College of Law Legal Clinic, Spring Semester of 2020
- Legal Intern, Aventus Health, Summer Semester of 2019
- Legal Intern, Law Offices of Julianne Holt, Public Defender for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Summer Semester of 2018
- J.D., Florida A&M University College of Law, 2020
- B.S.A.S., University of South Florida, 2017
- A.S., Hillsborough Community College, 2015