Daniel F. Town was born in Bogota, Colombia, and moved to the Tampa Bay area with his parents at the age of six. He is fluently bilingual in English and Spanish.
Daniel received his undergraduate education at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, graduating with a degree in Psychology. In the Spring of 2020, Daniel received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law, where he earned a Book Award in International Business Transactions for his superior grasp of international commercial law, First Place in the Stetson Environmental Law Tax Policy Writing Competition, which garnered state-wide recognition for his superior legal writing, and the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award for his dedication to public service.
During law school, Mr. Town clerked for The Honorable Pamela A.M. Campbell and the appellate judges of the Sixth Judicial Circuit; he also prosecuted misdemeanors and ordinance violations as a Certified Legal Intern for the State Attorney’s Office in the Sixth Judicial Circuit. Daniel now dedicates his knowledge, skills, and experience to his clients at Shelton | McKean in the areas of general liability and insurance defense.
When not advocating on behalf of his clients, Daniel enjoys learning new languages, spending time with his family, and sailing.
- Certified Legal Intern – Office of the State Attorney, Sixth Judicial Circuit. January – April, 2020.
- Judicial Intern for The Honorable Pamela A.M. Campbell and Sixth Circuit Appellate Panel, June – August, 2019.
- St. Petersburg Bar Association.
- Florida Bar – Tax Section.
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter.
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section.
- American Bar Association – Cyberspace Committee.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2020.
- B.A., Psychology, University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, 2017.
- Florida Supreme Court.
- Florida State courts.
- Book Award in International Business Transactions, 2018.
- First Place, Stetson Environmental Law Tax Policy Writing Competition, 2020.
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, 2020.
- Research Assistant for Federal Income Taxation, 2020.