David Choo was born and raised in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York. Prior to attending law school, David worked at a non-governmental organization in the rural areas of Sichuan, China where he developed music curriculae for rural villages. Subsequently, David worked for a music streaming technology company, Grooveshark. After matriculating from State University of New York Purchase College, he began his legal studies at Florida State University College of Law. David has also studied at University of Oxford where he obtained a Certificate in International Law from St. Edmund Hall in 2015.
David began working in civil litigation as a law clerk at a prominent Plaintiff’s firm in Tallahassee while attending Florida State University College of Law. David continued developing his skills in a civil litigation and advocacy while defending corporations and insurance companies, most recently working on first party property claims and commercial litigation at Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith. David joined Shelton McKean to further hone his trial and advocacy skills while working with the most talented trial attorneys in the State of Florida. During his limited free time, David enjoys playing music and cooking.
- Eraclides Gelman, et al – April 2018 – October 2018
- Lewis Brisbois, et al– July 2019 – December 2019
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law 2017
- B.A., Purchase College at the State University of New York 2014
- Helen Powell Oxford University Studies Scholarship, Recipient 2015
- James Harold Thompson Scholarship, Recipient 2014