Mr. Russica was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. After enlisting in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves out of high school, Mr. Russica went on to earn his bachelor’s degree in 1994 from Baldwin-Wallace College, majoring in Criminal Justice. Soon thereafter, Mr. Russica was commissioned a second lieutenant in the Marine Corps, before attending Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Mr. Russica earned his Juris Doctor in 1997 and, after passing the Florida Bar, began his career as a judge advocate in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Mr. Russica was first stationed at Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, where he began serving as a legal advisor to the base Commanding General. He later gained extensive trial experience as prosecutor, serving as lead counsel on over twenty contested trials and administrative discharge hearings. Mr. Russica left active duty in 2002 but was recalled to active duty on several occasions in support of the War of Terrorism, deploying on multiple occasions to the Middle East and the Horn of Africa. Most recently, Mr. Russica served as the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (General Counsel) for U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida from 2012 to 2018. In all, Mr. Russica has served in the Marine Corps for over 30 years and is currently a Lieutenant Colonel in the Inactive Ready Reserves.
Mr. Russica’s civilian career has been focused primarily in the insurance defense arena in Florida and Ohio, where he represented clients in myriad first-party claims including automobile negligence, premises liability, employer intentional torts, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and construction litigation. He also served early in his career as an Assistant State Attorney for the 19th Judicial Circuit in Martin County, Florida, gaining valuable courtroom experience prosecuting numerous misdemeanor and felony cases.
Mr. Russica’s practice with Shelton | McKean focuses primarily on insurance defense, automobile negligence, personal injury, and general civil litigation. He currently resides in Lithia, Florida with his beautiful wife, Karen, and three children, Samuel, Gabriel, and Mia.
- United States Marine Corps, Judge Advocate 1998-2018
- Fischer, Evans, & Robbins, Ltd., Associate 2010-2012
- Reminger Co., LPA, Associate 2006-2009
- Florida State Attorney’s Office, 19th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2003-2005
- Peterson, Bernard, Vandenberg, Zei, Geisler, & Martin, Associate 2002-2003
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Saint Petersburg Bar Association
- Military Officers Association of America
- Marine Corps Association & Foundation
- BA, Criminal Justice from Baldwin-Wallace College (1994)
- JD, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (1998)