Nick Zorn was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, where his father was in flight school with the Navy and spent most of his childhood living in either Pensacola, Florida, or Brunswick, Maine. Pensacola ultimately won out as hometown and Nick went on to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Biology at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, and his law degree at Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida, where his studies focused on litigation-oriented courses. Nick clerked for Tampa insurance defense firm McClain, Saieva, Thompson, and Walsh, P.A., during his second and third years in law school.
Upon graduation from law school, Nick accepted a position with McClain, et al., where he represented insurers and their insureds in the defense of all types of casualty and first-party claims including automobile negligence, property damage, premises liability, admiralty, medical malpractice, insurance coverage, and subrogation matters. Nick also started and developed the firm’s workers’ compensation practice and counted among his clients major companies such as Liberty Mutual and United Parcel Service. After returning to Pensacola, he began to represent plaintiffs in matters of personal injury, wrongful death, and first-party insurance litigation and also claimants in workers’ compensation claims and appeals. Ultimately returning to his defense litigation roots, Nick spent 13 years as counsel in Allstate Insurance Company’s Tampa office where he tried many cases throughout the Tampa Bay area in defense of Allstate and its insureds while serving as a mentor for the office’s less experienced attorneys. He was a speaker and panelist at several of Allstate’s statewide attorney conferences and was awarded the Allstate Distinguished Performance Award.
Bringing his many years of litigation experience to Shelton McKean, Nick lives in Brandon with his wife, Christy, a second grade teacher, sons Ryan and Cole, and their beloved golden retriever, Blue.
- Allstate Staff Counsel, 2006-2019
- Bales Weinstein, 2005-2006
- Trentalange and Kelley, P.A., 2004-2005
- Morgan, Colling and Gilbert, P.A., 2001-2004
- Frost and Saunders, P.A., 1998-2001
- Nicholas D. Zorn, Jr. (sole practitioner), 1991-1998
- McClain and Associates, P.A., 1986-1991
- The Florida Bar
- Stetson University, College of Law (J.D – Dec. 1985)
- Stetson University (B.S. in Biology – May 1983)
- The Florida Bar
- Florida State Courts
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Allstate Staff Counsel Distinguished Performance Award Recipient
- Speaker and Panelist at various Allstate Staff Counsel Attorney Conferences
- Mentor in Allstate’s formal mentor program