Sadiya Hashem was born in New York but raised in Southern California. She received her undergraduate education at the University of California Santa Barbara, where she graduated with a double major in Psychology and Religious Studies. She knew that law school was in her future and moved to the Tampa Bay area to attend Stetson University College of Law.
While at Stetson Law, she was a member of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Board and competed internationally in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition. The team traveled to Vienna, Austria and advanced in oral arguments to the top 32 out of over 300 teams from across the world. Additionally, during law school, Ms. Hashem had the privilege to intern with the Honorable Judge Jack Day in the Sixth Judicial Circuit and was a teaching assistant to Professor Joseph Morrissey.
Ms. Hashem began her legal career with the Law Office of Joelle Schultz, PLLC, where she practiced general civil litigation and business law. She is excited to take her experience and education into the insurance defense industry with Shelton McKean.
- Associate Attorney, Law Office of Joelle Schultz, PLLC, August 2018 to February 2020
- Law Clerk, Maxey Law Offices, PLLC, 2016
- Judicial Intern, Sixth Judicial Circuit Court, St. Petersburg, Honorable Jack Day, 2015
- B.A. University of California, Santa Barbara 2013
- J.D. Stetson University College of Law, 2017
- Florida, 2017
- California, 2018
- US District Court- Middle District of Florida
- Willem C. Vis Moot Court Competition, First Place in Pre-Moot Competition in Miami, Florida, Top 32 and Honorable Mention Best Brief Award, 2016. (Brief Writer and Oral Advocate)