Nina was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Prior to law school, she attended Florida Atlantic University, where she graduated magnum cum laude with a Bachelor in Arts degree in Journalism and a minor in Theater Arts in under three years.
A few months after graduating college, she went on to receive her Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While attending law school, Nina worked part-time at a family law firm while also serving as a staff writer and social media coordinator of the law school’s student newspaper, “The Brief.” In law school, she also served as co-coordinator of Gator Law Adoption Day, an annual celebration where over 30 children were adopted into new families hosted by Partnership for Strong Families.
During her second year of law school, she received an outstanding academic achievement award in her trial practice class for a personal injury case. She then served as a trial practice teaching assistant the following semester. In her last year of law school, she competed in the Florida National Trial Advocacy Tournament Competition and won both judge and jury verdict. She also received the highest grade in her cybersecurity law class.
Before becoming an associate at Shelton McKean, Nina worked as plaintiff personal injury attorney. Nina is licensed to practice law in the state of Florida.
- Attorney, Kemp Ruge & Green.
- Attorney, Dennis Hernandez & Associates P.A.
- Law Clerk, The Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Florida
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2020
- B.A., magna cum laude, Florida Atlantic University, 2017
- Florida State Court
- Florida National Trial Advocacy Tournament Competition: Won Judge and Jury Verdict
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Trial Practice
- Teaching Assistant Trial Practice
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- The Society of Collegiate Leadership and Achievement